Monday, October 17, 2005

Nostalgic

It was the pujo weekend this time, went to a local confabulation. For the first time in years I felt like I was at pujo again (or maybe it was the effect of too little sleep). There was a real protima.. not a cardboard mockup I had gotten used to. There was puspanjoli... three rounds of it. There was bhog, it was lousy and cold, still it was bhog. And then the sitting around in disorganized groups as some game was being played ( it was antakshari this time...), whiling time away, lazy after too much food and the camaderie that I have seen no where but in the pujo pandal. There was an evening cultural program too, but Uma had asked ‘when are we going home?’ 20 times already and my east coast time was catching up... Besides little sis had to go back home and study.. So we left.
The weekend passed in me picking up the threads of the last sewing project, cleaning up and spending time with my darling daughter (who proceeded to show me the much promised dance number for nu mashi).
The wedding is 33 days away and we fly to India in 25 days. This will be my first trip in four years and first for uma( she doesn’t remember the other times). Nostalgia takes over me.. Last time it was a wedding too....
Here’s my favorite pic of the bride and groom from that wedding :)