Tuesday, October 18, 2005

blog title ...


So, the wedding.. have you wondered what m3kishadi stands for?
Like most things, such an enigmatic name has -- a history.
m3kishadi = M3 Ki Shaadi
Translated from hindi - m3's wedding.

Obviously m3 has to be bmm, but how?

This is a old sacred secret that is not usually disclosed and passed from generation to generation in the ancient tradition of ... well, maybe not, the point is that our parents in, what can be only imagined to be a fit to bring order to the chaotic world, decided, to name their three kids such that the names started with the letter M. And, the 3-Ms were created...

When we were kids we used to write our names as :







( yeah I know so sweet)
So, when I got married, my dear pop, who is the most organized person I have ever seen, created a set of notebooks; titled: MKS ( ie. mitu ki shaadi).These notebooks had the grisly details of the wedding.. from the list of people invited, to the detailed accounts of the wedding expenses; from my trousseau, to the place of wedding, to the menu, to gifts for the groom and family, ad infinitum.

At my lil sisters wedding papa created a a second set of notebooks.. called MKS-II, which is Minu is shaadi.. since the 'm' creates confusion he added an 'II' at the end in an attempt to disambiguate.

So, MKS seems to make sense now... almost.
In pop's nomenclature it would be 'MKS-III'. However, there is a significant difference. My mom teaches english and the subject-object part of the sentence structure as described in 'Wren & Martin' was passed on to me in my genetic makeup. In MKS-III, 'III' seems to signify the third bit of the acronym, 'S' because of placement... M Ki 'Shaadi- III', ie, M's third wedding. Now that first M's first wedding has gone bust, the possibility of such an acronym existing moves from the realm of far fetched imagination to cold harsh reality. I decided to move the signifier 'III' next to 'M', implying it was M that is III and not shaadi( and hopefully adding my bit of order to the chaos).

Hence, explained.